Friday 13 June 2014



Meet Mr. Horse

I love it when I get the chance to work on an idea which has been driving me crackers to get started on.  I had been thinking of aquamarine and turquoise mixed with baroque pearls, and I really wanted to make something to compliment these summery, underwater colours. I’d mixed the colours in a little glass pot on my bench whilst busy with orders, and I knew they were going to look good set against silver. I had been doodling a little star fish, followed by a sea turtle, and then a seahorse, and I had the idea to make something quite teeny tiny combining these underwater creatures. So here’s a sneak preview and a prototype for the trio of sea creatures soon to come. Yes I know it’s weird, but usually what I’m making acquires a name. I don’t think I’d left much creativity aside for the name though hence, the imaginatively titled ‘Mr. Horse’. 



When things don’t go quite right, various other names are used, however due to his impeccable behaviour and cooperation, Mr. Horse kept his name and even has his very own listing on Etsy as an independent stand alone pendant.

No comments:

Post a Comment